“Vikings Row Together” Program
Lago Vista ISD strives to create structures at all levels that maximize the potential of all students through rigorous curriculum and instruction. A commitment to early childhood education is critical in strengthening the foundation for future successes of our students. As a part of this commitment, the District has three Pre-K pathways: State-Funded Pre-K, Early Childhood Special Education, and our “Vikings Row Together” tuition-based, full-day Pre-K program.
What are the Pre-K options in Lago Vista ISD?
Lago Vista ISD offers three Pre-K pathways:
- State-Funded Pre-K: Students in this pathway are age 4 by September 1st and meet at least one of
the state’s Pre-K eligibility criteria. State-funded Pre-K is provided at no cost to eligible students.
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE): Students in this pathway are ages 3-5, identified with a
disability, and demonstrate a need for special education. If you believe your child may be eligible to
attend the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) program at no cost, please contact the Lago Vista ISD Special Education Director.
- “Vikings Row Together” (VRT) Tuition-Based Pre-K: Students in this pathway are age 4 by
September 1st, are not eligible for State-funded Pre-K or ECSE, and submit an application to
participate as a tuition-based student. VRT students serve as peer models in the ECSE classroom for
students with disabilities while receiving instruction based on the TEA Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines.
Why does Lago Vista ISD offer “Vikings Row Together” Program?
The purpose of the “Vikings Row Together”, or VRT, program is to partner with our Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) program to provide age-appropriate learning experiences for students in both programs. Students from the VRT program and the ECSE program are served in the same classroom, which provides a diverse, accepting environment where students serve as role models for one another. This blended model provides a highly-impactful setting for student learning for both VRT and ECSE students.
In the VRT program, our tuition-based students learn in an environment where they serve as peer models for students with disabilities while receiving instruction based on the TEA Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines. The role of a VRT student is to be a role model for the ECSE students by modeling age appropriate communication, social, and self-help skills.
Who can apply for enrollment in the “Vikings Row Together” Tuition-Based Pre-K Program?
The opportunity to apply for this program is open to parents with a child who meets the following criteria:
- Will be four (4) years old by September 1st;
- Resides within the Lago Vista ISD attendance boundaries;
- Does not meet the eligibility requirements to enroll in the State-funded Pre-K or ECSE programs; AND
- Is toilet trained.
- A finite number of seats will be opened to District residents who meet eligibility requirements for the VRT
Tuition-Based Pre-K Program.
- Available seats for the VRT Tuition-Based Pre-K Program will be filled through an application process.
- Receipt of a completed application is required to place a student on the list to fill the number of available
tuition-based seats determined by the District.
- Applications for VRT Tuition-Based Pre-K Program seats are considered on a first come, first served basis
and require a deposit in the amount of $665, which will be used for the first’s month’s tuition. Deposits
must be paid by check or money order made payable to Lago Vista ISD. Note: Applications are only
considered complete when a deposit payment for the first’s month’s tuition is received.
- The priority deadline for open seats in the VRT Tuition-Based Pre-K Program is by at 4:00pm on
June 1st (or following Monday, if the 1st falls on a weekend). Completed applications and deposits
must be submitted to the Lago Vista Elementary School front office.
- After the tuition-based spaces are filled, all other applicants will be placed on a waiting list pending space.
- For completed applications received BEFORE 4:00pm on June 1st (or the following Monday, if the 1st falls on a weekend):
Official placement notifications (approval, denial, or waitlist) will be sent by the close of business on the last Friday in June. Notifications will be sent to the email address provided on the application, so it is extremely important that this address be legibly written. If a student is placed on the waiting list, the
deposit will be returned.
- For applications received AFTER 4:00pm on June 1st (or the following Monday, if the 1st falls on a
Applications received after the deadline will be time stamped and reviewed. The District will communicate
placement notifications (approval, denial, or waitlist) in a timely manner. If a student is placed on the
waiting list, the deposit will be returned. There are no guarantees that a spot will become available.
Deposits are not accepted for the waiting list.
- Once the available tuition-based seats are filled, applications that meet program entry criteria will be
placed on the waiting list in the order that they were received. There are no guarantees that a spot will
become available. If available, applicants on the waiting list for the “Vikings Row Together” Tuition-Based
Pre-K Program will be notified of any available spaces in the District’s on-site daycare, the Little Vikings
Learning Center. Enrolling in the Little Viking Learning Center will remove an applicant from the “Vikings
Row Together” Tuition-Based Pre-K Program waiting list.
- Due to the high volume of administrative work required to prepare for the school year, applicants placed
on the waiting list should not contact the campus to inquire about the waiting list.
- If a space in the “Vikings Row Together” Tuition-Based Pre-K Program becomes available, the District will
contact each applicant on the waiting list until the available opening is filled. In order to confirm
acceptance into the program, an approved applicant on the waiting list must deliver a deposit in the
amount of $665.00, which will be used for the first month’s tuition.
- Those accepted into the VRT Tuition-Based Pre-K Program will have five business days to complete the
enrollment and registration process and provide all required registration documents.
• Immunizations must be up to date in order for registration to be complete.
- If registration is not completed within the timeline, the spot will be forfeited to the next person on the
For more information on the VRT Tuition-Based Pre-K Program, please review the documents below. To learn more about eligibility for State-funded (tuition-free) Pre-K, please visit our Registration Information page.
VRT Tuition-Based Pre-K Program Information
Program Application Instructions
Program Application (pdf to print and complete)
Contact Kerri Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Suzy Lofton-Bullis at email@example.com.